International Student Fees
Tuition fees cover all costs for academic instruction with including your text books and participating in the basic school program
Please note that the tuition fees apply if a student’s parents do not reside, work, and pay income tax in Saskatchewan. Having a parent live temporarily in Saskatchewan during the school year does not change the student’s status.
International Student Fees
- Registration fee (non-refundable): $300 (CAD)
- The Homestay Placement & Administration Fee (non-refundable): $500 (CAD)
- Tuition $13,500 (CAD) is due immediately at the time of acceptance.
- Canadian Homestay fee of $11,000 (CAD) (from September to June, or January to December (excluding July and August): 10 months) must be paid 60 days prior to the first day of the school.
- If the homestay family at any point reports any damages during the stay, the cost to repair the damages will be charged to the parent/guardian and must be paid immediately.
In the event that I am unable to obtain a Student Authorization, or decide not to attend, or leave the International Education Program, I agree that only a portion of the paid tuition fee will be refunded.
In all cases, the application fee will be retained to cover administrative expenses. The following refund policy will apply for each school year for which a student is registered.
- Full refund will be awarded, excluding the Registration Fee ($300 CAD) and the Homestay Placement & Administration Fee ($500 CAD), if the Student Authorization Application is not approved (i.e. original copy of Rejection Letter from the Embassy has been issued and sent to RCS).
- If the student withdraws prior to the first day school, 50% (1/2) of the tuition, one month of Homestay Fee, Registration Fee ($300 CAD) and the Homestay Placement & Administration Fee ($500 CAD) will not be refunded.
- No refund of tuition without proof of Rejection Letter from the Embassy.
- No refund of tuition after the first day of school and one month of homestay fee will be charged if the student is voluntarily withdrawn from the program.
- No refund of all fees including homestay fees, application fees, tuition, etc., if a student is expelled from RCS for whatever reason.
- No refund will be awarded if a student is withdrawn from the homestay program at the RCS’s discretion.
- The Homestay Placement & Administration Fee of $500 is non-refundable.
- If a parent(s) gets a permanent resident visa or a full-time working permit during the student’s school year, the student will be considered as an International student and its regulations until the new school year begins, where the student will have to re-apply as a non-international student (i.e. if a parent obtains a permanent resident visa in March, the student will still be considered an international student for the remainder of the school year (April-June)).
- No refund of the tuition & the homestay fee for violating the code of conduct, engaging in illegal activities such as, using alcohol, tobacco products, illicit drugs, driving without a driver’s license, or other activities deemed inappropriate by RCS.
- Once the first day of school has commenced, whether the student is present or absent that day, there will be no refund on any tuition.
- Students, new or returning, registered to begin their studies in September are able to arrive at their homestay location on September 1st. Students must vacate their homestay location by June 29th.
- Students, new or returning, registered to begin their studies in January are able to arrive and at their homestay location on January 1st. Students must vacate their homestay location by December 29th.
- Students will not be allowed to stay at their homestay location during July and August (summer break). Returning students must pack all of their belongings and store them at the school during the summer break.
- If a student’s homestay family invites their respective student on a family trip, the student will be expected to pay the necessary fees to the homestay family to join the trip. This extra fee for the trip is separate from the monthly homestay fee. If the student chooses not to join the trip, they will be assigned to a different location for the duration of the trip.
- Documentation Fee: $20 each.
- Homestay Damage Fee: As required.
- Transportation fee: $10 for each ride either from the homestay or school (on non-school days). (Homestay parents are only responsible for transportations to and from the school. The homestay parents are not obligated to provide transportation to and from any personal activities including sports, meeting friends, going to the mall, etc. In cases where the homestay parents agree to provide transportation, the student must pay $10(CAD) per ride to the homestay parent.)
- Any activities of students’ choice with associated fees such as sports programs, co-curricular activities, choir tours and other trips.
- Grade 8 Camping Trip Fee - $100 for Grade 8 Students only
- Grade 12 Grade Fee - $135 for Grade 12 Students only
- Athletic Fees – Students participate in extracurricular sports are financially responsible for variety items including clothing, equipment and athletic fees. The cost various depending on the sport and age level.
- Extra Course Fees for high school classes will be invoiced and are receipted in the same manner as tuition
- Physical Education 20 & 30 - $175
- Foods - $125
- Art - $75
- Construction - $50
- Choir - $350
- All accounts not paid in full during the school year are charged a late payment fee of prime plus 5% interest.
- Saskatchewan Health provides the comprehensive healthcare insurance at no cost.
- Regina Christian School will not be able to advance or hold funds on behalf of a student.
- Regina Christian School will be responsible for the application of Saskatchewan Health Cards for international students. Although all students ultimately receive a Saskatchewan Health Card, the length of time that it takes for the issuing of a health card is out of our control. If there is a period that the student has to wait for the health card to be issued, the student will be responsible for any health care fees that arise in this time. Because the issuing of a health card depends on the expiry date of the students’ visa and study permit, students and parents need to ensure that the expiry dates are well into the future as to not interfere with the issuing of his or her health card. Again, during a period of waiting for his or her health card, the student is responsible for health care fees at these times.
- Regina Christian School, if possible, may aid in reapplying for Student Visas, from an administrative standpoint (i.e. paperwork). However, Regina Christian School is not responsible for the issuing of the Student Visas as we do not have any control or authority over the decision. The student must pay all of the necessary fees when extending or reapplying for Student Visas. There fees are subject to change annually so please refer to Immigration and Citizenship Canada website.
- The homestay program will be applied to only Gr. 9 to Gr. 12 applicants.
- Students who are applying to Kindergarten to Gr.8 should be arranged by their guardian to stay with a family in Regina.